The agricultural industry is undergoing a profound change. Data and technology give farmers the opportunity to reverse the long-term decline in profitability, safeguard the environment, and open a new era of smart professional farming.
Want to make a difference?
YAGRO is an award-winning growth agritech company based in Cambridge. Our mission is to transform the food & farming industry through accessible, advanced data analytics. Founded in 2015, we are the established leader in data technology and governance for the UK agricultural market.
In 2021 we joined the Frontier Agriculture group in a landmark deal for UK agritech. This gives us unparalleled resource and opportunity to invest in our growth – while retaining YAGRO’s operating independence to offer the winning solution to our whole industry.
We are a tight team of farmers, technologists, and entrepreneurs. We enjoy working together. We do this first and foremost for the farmer. We are not afraid to speak the truth and challenge dogma.
Up for a challenge?
We have a great problem to solve: we have partnered with leading farm advisory companies to drive adoption of our technology across UK farms, and unlock ever greater value from data. We need to rapidly scale our data capacity to reach these Partners and farming costumers demands – that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a smart, driven individual to join us. You will be a key part of our team from day one, working with our large data sets to feed and improve our services.
This will include helping to process and analyse farm business data, and using the gathered data to generate trends and insights, through statistical manipulation.
You will push the boundaries of our automated data processing and insights creation, using the latest database tools including machine learning.
You will be in a position to shape the future of our services and the company, we want to hear your ideas.
The role is flexible, and we will tailor it around your skills and preferences, ensuring you get the best possible experience for your continuing career. For the right person, there is rapid opportunity for development in YAGRO. We will happily offer you all the responsibilities you can handle.
Who are you?
- You want to make an impact. You’re driven, take initiative, and not afraid to take responsibility.
- You don’t need to have a background in agriculture – but you should feel strongly about our need for a strong and healthy food production industry.
- You love delving into details, and finding truth and insight from data.
- You have a solid grasp of data tools and statistical analysis.
- You love learning.
- You’re interested in software and technology, even though you might not have specific experience in this area.
Benefits: on top of the salary, YAGRO offers additional benefits
- 25 days of holiday per calendar year (excluding bank holidays) with a flexi-leave system
- Discretionary annual cash bonus
- Employer pension scheme contribution of 5% of base salary, up to 10% matching basis
- Training budget of £2’000 per year tailored to your needs and development plan
- £250 budget for equipment support
Location: Usually: Eagle Labs Incubator, 28 Chesterton Road, Cambridge CB4 3AZ. We fully support remote working. As a nimble technology company, we’re well set up for it.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contact: Shirley Eves-van den Akker, Head of Operations.
To apply, please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a brief cover note. We’re interested in what you’ve done, but what we really care about is where you’re going.