The agricultural industry is undergoing a profound change. Data and technology give farmers the opportunity to reverse the long-term decline in profitability, safeguard the environment, and open a new era of smart professional farming.
Want to make a difference?
YAGRO is an award-winning agritech company based in Cambridge. Since 2016, we have developed software and data tools for the farming industry to make more profitable and sustainable business decisions.
We are the industry’s trusted innovators in data. We are a tight team of farmers, technologists, and entrepreneurs. We enjoy working together. We do this first and foremost for the farmer. We are not afraid to speak the truth and challenge dogma.
Up for a challenge?
Are you a Marketing Graduate or hold experience in a relevant industry (Marketing, Events, Agriculture)? Are you looking to put your creative talents to work?
Looking to give greater context to the role and the position will evolve around your key skills; but as a rough guide: key responsibilities would include (but not be limited to):
- (15%) Social campaign creation
- (25%) Events management and preparation
- (10%) Website Administration
- (10%) CRM Management
- (10%) Newsletter and copy drafting
- (10%) Strategy development
- (10%) Tracking activity and reporting marketing performance
- (10%) SEO Development
With an evolving product and fast growing business we are nimble in adjusting our approach and campaigns – the role will reflect that nimble-ness!
Who are you?
- You have a passion for marketing and making an impact. (Marketing degree preferred but our marketing manager studied Agriculture – so its by no means compulsory)
- You want to make an impact on a team, a business, and an industry. You’re driven, take initiative, and not afraid to take responsibility
- You are autonomous, organised, and proactive
- You love learning and sharing your insights
- You have a background in or a passion for the agriculture industry
- You’re interested in software and technology, even though you might not have specific experience in this area
- You want to make your first career step in a company that is constantly evolving and challenging the status quo.
- At the end of the day, you just like getting shit done!
Salary: Circa £23,000 per annum for the right candidate and dependant on qualifications.
Duration: Full Time (following a 3 month probationary period)
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Usually: Eagle Labs Incubator, 28 Chesterton Road, Cambridge CB4 3AZ. We fully support remote working. As a nimble technology company, we’re well set up for it.
Due to the nature of the role 2 days in the office is preferred.
Contact: Rupert Harlow, Marketing Manager
How should you apply?
Above all, you’re excited by our vision and share our core values: we’re always learning; always looking for new challenges; we inspire each other; we are open and honest; we trust each other and aren’t afraid to give or accept responsibility and autonomy; and we have fun!
To apply, please email a CV to email@example.com together with a cover note. We’re interested in what you’ve done, but what we really care about is where you’re going.
Applications missing a covering letter or note will not be considered.
First word in the covering letter should be “#FarmSmarter” – just a test to see who’s read to the bottom of the job spec!