The agricultural industry is undergoing a profound change. Tightening regulatory requirements, reduced subsidies and changing sustainability needs of the society. These are a few of the wider trends in the sector that require farmers to change their approach and sharpen their focus. Data and technology give farmers the insight and opportunity to reverse the long-term decline in profitability and optimise their businesses for the future.
Want to make a difference?
YAGRO is an established, award-winning leader in commercial AgTech software, with hundreds of UK farming customers, strong revenue since launch in 2016, and long term financial support to reach our mission: make farming profitable and sustainable. Our team comprises farmers, entrepreneurs and technologists, passionate about making professional farmers lives easier and their businesses better.
We are operating within an industry characterised by manual processes and poor information exchange. We need to distil a complex and opaque supply chain with multiple actors into a simple, elegant and scalable multi-user platform, with industry-leading analytics and data insight and a flawless user experience. That's where you come in.
The opportunity is massive. Come capture it with us.
The Product Manager Role
As product manager, you’ll join our product team to make YAGRO the most appealing and insightful analytics tool for the food & farming industry. You will work closely with our Head of Product, product designer and engineers to take customer needs and opportunities from idea to implementation. In this role, one of your key responsibilities is crowdsourcing, developing and curating ideas. You enjoy translating complex product challenges into actionable initiatives and ensuring alignment within the organisation. You evaluate and prioritise which use cases and customer issues are most important to work on.
We need you to create meaningful, lasting software that deliver an immediate impact to our customers. We have ready demand for the next generation of our platform, which will focus on predictive data analytics and enterprise insights.
What we expect you will do
- Ask relevant questions and actively research our users, to understand who they are and what the real problems they face are.
- Engage with other teams to understand business objectives and translate them into goals, product roadmap, features and detailed requirements.
- Have a user-centric mindset and care more about solving the right problems than creating random features.
- Have the freedom to innovate and experiment; we are looking for people who are not afraid to take responsibility and put forward new ideas.
- Constantly seek improvements through discovery, initiating quantitative and qualitative research and analysis that will help us deliver the most valueable initiatives.
- Decide on backlog prioritisation and hands-on set-up of various projects as needed.
- Work together with the engineers to solve identified problems and help with the execution.
- Set up, track and improve key business and product success metrics.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to define and develop the product roadmap.
Who are we looking for?
- You have 3+ years of work experience as a Product Manager, ideally for a SaaS product within an agile product environment.
- You possess excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- You are self-motivated with little need for supervision, but a dedicated team player who drives results.
- You have the ability to creatively and functionally translate user and business needs, taking into account technical capabilities.
- You have experience with technology, product development processes and using systems thinking to influence the customer experience.
- You see the big picture, without losing sight of the product details.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- A background or experience in agriculture is not required, but knowledge of the field is an advantage.
Our office is located in Cambridge, UK. We operate a hybrid working model that gives employees the flexibility to work from home, but we meet every few weeks in the office. We would prefer you to live within reasonable travelling distance (train journey or short flight), but feel free to apply if you live further afield.
Should you apply?
Above all, you’re excited by our vision and share our core values: we’re always learning; always looking for new challenges; we inspire each other; we are open and honest; we trust each other and aren’t afraid to give or accept responsibility and autonomy; and we have fun!
For the right person, there’s a strong salary, whatever equipment you need and a license to transform an industry and improve the lives of users across the globe.
To apply, please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a brief cover note. We’re interested in what you’ve done, but what we really care about is where you’re going.