Yagro ("we", "our", "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Yagro Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 09752813 and a registered office at Eagle Labs Incubator, 28 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 3AZ. Our ICO registration reference ZA137297.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Gareth Davies.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites yagro.com and yag.ro ("our sites") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our sites, subscribe to our service, search for one of our services, place an order on our sites, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, contact us and when you report a problem with our sites. The information you give us may include your name, business name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is sent to a user's browser and stored on the hard drive of a user's computer (or internet enabled device) when a user visits a website. Cookies are used by many websites in order to make them work more efficiently, as well as provide business and marketing information to website owners.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Yagro processes users’ personal data only when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights.
Those legitimate interests include:
- Carrying out our obligations under our terms of service: we may require to contact you directly regarding your current platform activity, and pass on essential contact information (name, telephone number, email address) to business counterparts on the Yagro platform in order to establish contractual terms of supply. This enable us to deliver our core business service.
- Providing you with information about related services: as Yagro develops its features and services through the Yagro platform, we communicate these where we believe there is genuine benefit possible for your business. This allows us to expand our business activities.
- Notifying you about change of services: from time to time we undertake changes to the platform functionality or terms of service, which we need to communicate to you to ensure your continued awareness of functionality and terms. This ensures that our users can make the most of the service at any time.
- Ensuring the site is presented in the most effective manner for you: this involves personalizing some elements of the platform to reflect your name, which allows us to deliver a more tailored and rich experience for users.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your non-personal information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Yagro substantially or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our contact page.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.